Wednesday, August 4, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSCIE!




NOTE: DIGITAL HAS BEEN REMOVED; HOWEVER, IF YOU STILL WANT THIS IMAGE, PLEASE E-MAIL ME: dianemoneygoolsby@yahoo.com

Today is my talented Daughter-in-Law's Birthday. Even though we have already sent her a birthday package by snail-mail, this post is for her (and you) to enjoy. Joscie is an avid collector of aprons. She also designs and sews beautiful creations.

I tried my hand at an apron for her. I chose three coordinating fabrics, used my Mom's apron pattern, cut it out then sewed half a day, and the apron was finally finished! I just knew it would be a beauty---But, when I held it up--it looked like a circus clown's apron. Making aprons is not my 'forte'

So, this birthday I tried my hand at a 'different kind of apron'. My digi and card is posted above. What do you think? Is this one better?

The paper came as a freebie with my August Cardmaking Magazine. I printed my digi onto the papers, cut the apron out, then glued it onto cardstock and coordainating background paper.

Enjoy and create everyone, Again "Happy Birthday, Joscie"!

Blessings,

Diane

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Joscie!! This apron is great. I love the paper piecing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy birthday to Joscie! Thanks for this pretty apron. Love what you made of it.
    Cleah; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This apron is just made for paper-piecing! You made a wonderful card with it. TY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, your so funny. It did look a little like a clown, but it is still displayed proudly on the apron rack in our kitchen. Thanks for posting such a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for sharing gorgeous images... I love this apron You did beautiful card!!

    **Sony**
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete