Friday, July 25, 2014

WATERCOLOR CARD


Well, I'm doing something today that I don't normally do: I've created a [watercolor] card for a challenge other than for Simply Create Too Challenges. [I'm about as busy as I want to be over there therefore I don't normally enter other challenges]. Anyway, while looking on today's Paper Playful, I saw a challenge entry for 'WaterColor 101' Salt challenge and, of course, I had to check them out since watercolors are my most, very, favorite medium. Now, I've tried the salt technique before [without very satisfying results], but Victoria has great instructions on her blog HERE. And, it worked for me this time! Using my watercolored paper, I made a card for my best-est buddy [for 'just because'].

My Card Recipe: I used green [at bottom] and blue [at top]--both dried lighter than I expected--I sprinkled Kosher salt on the blue and regular salt on the green [mostly to see the difference]. I then cut the watercolor paper to fit my card, then ran it thru my embossing machine using a Darcey butterfly folder. After attaching my watercolor paper to my card base, I punched out butterflies from both the blue and green extra. I pop-dotted the three butterflies onto the embossed butterflies using alternating colors. Last I attached 3 sequences and my CAS card is completed to my satisfaction. Hope you try this too--it's FUN, FUN, FUN!!! I want to enter my card in the 101: Water-Color: 102 challenge.

God's rich blessings to you & yours,



8 comments:

  1. Came out GREAT - you should play in more challenges, Diane! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cornelia! Nay, I'm happy 'doing' Simply Create Too stuff. But, I am doing more watercolors--Hope your week is going great!

      Blessings,

      Delete
  2. Your card is beautiful - I am going to try this technique -as I have decided to challenge myself this year learning new techniques - I checked out the videos provided at the blog challenge site and they were very informative - thanks Diane for showing us your lovely card! Have a blessed week! Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gail: I'm challenging ME too--more watercolors on my cards, I think--keep me posted on your challenges and they may help me too! Blessings to you & yours,

      Diane

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely card Diane. I'm glad you took a break from us. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Erica, thanks! I never want a break from Simply Create Too--you're my CENTER of creating.

      YOU are such an inspiration to me,

      Blessings,

      D

      Delete
  4. Somebody had some fun! Cool card! Love the extra work with embossing too! Sweet little butterfly's and sequins. (I love sequins!) That you took time to experiment was fabulous! Thanks for letting me know. And thank you so much for taking the extra time to play 101: Watercolor. I hope you can make it back often. Cheers, Victoria lavender

    ReplyDelete